The year 1946
A little music from the time . . .
Lancaster conversion training for aircrew began at Watton in early 1946 and the first of the type arrived to gradually replace the B17 Fortresses and Halifax aircraft. The RWE’s first Lancaster was ED607 to be used for training purposes. February – Six Halifax aircraft left Watton for disposal. Decisions were made to expand the activities of RWE Watton by absorbing other units associated with signals work. To this end, 60 (Signals) Group was merged with 26 (Signals) Group, Fighter Command […]